The major function of your air ducts is to supply air in and out of your home or building providing warm or cool air. Although most homeowners and building supervisors routinely maintain their HVAC system, many forget about the maintenance and cleaning of their ductwork. Dust can build up anywhere throughout your home or office and your ducts are no exception. With that being said, it’s critical to clean your ducts on a routine basis to ensure your system is running efficiently and that your residents, or tenants, are breathing in ‘better air’.
Why Is Air Duct Cleaning Important?
There are three major things that will happen if you don’t take time to clean your air ducts. The first problem is lack of quality indoor air. Whenever your HVAC system is switched on, and there is a lot of dirt in the air duct, the system ends up circulating dust throughout which will negatively impact the quality of your air. Secondly, dirty ducts can increase energy consumption of your system. When your HVAC system is clogged with dirt, mold and dust, it tends to use more energy to operate resulting in a lesser efficient system and an increase in utility bills. Lastly, having a dusty, dirty system can lead to potential damage which could be quite costly.
How to Know if your Ducts Require Cleaning
Typically, air duct cleaning should be done every 3-5 years. Here are some common signs that your ducts may require cleaning:
- Vermin has infested the air duct system.
- The building is excessively dusty (visible build-up)
- Those with allergies start sneezing / coughing even more-so
- There are dark dust particles around the vents
- There is unstable room temperature even with the AC on
- There is an increase in energy consumption of your HVAC system
- There has been a recent incident of water damage that happened in, or near, the duct system
- There has been recent construction/renovation work
- There is a visible growth of mold in, or near, the duct system
Amherst, Massachusetts HVAC Duct Cleaning
At Better Air Duct Cleaning Company in Massachusetts, we provide quality and affordable air duct cleaning for both residential homes as well as large buildings and offices. Our professionals are certified by NADCA and ASCS. So, whether you are a residential home owner or a commercial property owner, contact us today to get your air duct system cleaned and get your HVAC system back and running at its optimal efficiency!